10 April 2020

Dublin, and some thoughts.



I shot this picture in one of my trips to Dublin, some years ago.
I want to share this very picture for some different reasons, which I’m going to explain to you now.
First of all, I see some kind of ironic philosophy here. The all dressed up skeleton reminds us in some way that work will kill you, but with his last breath he whispers not to worry. the dead one advices us not to worry, because that’s not worth it.
So, in these times when we don’t know exactly how to act, what to feel, who to believe: don’t worry. death will come and put things in perspective again.
Put all your worries aside, there’s no time to waste, there’s no energy to waste in worries: just live. Don’t think about your work, just live.
The second thoughts I want to spend on this picture is that I miss travel. I’ve said it before, and I’m not quite finished yet saying it: I love traveling and I miss it.
I just love that "child watching outside on a train window seeing things for the first time" feelings. I feel that when I travel I find my place, I like feeling little and nonsense, and the best place to feel that is somewhere where nobody knows you, and where nobody notice you. Dublin was a place like that, with sparkling life and music at every corner, in every street, people singing people reading out loud from books or poetry they just had written, the food scent all around, the dark pubs full of persons who had never met earlier and which would have never met later either, probably, but who were best friends or lovers for the time of a beer.
God! I loved Dublin! All the colors, the noise, the beer and all that life!
I actually have one other reasons I wanted to share with this picture. I was thinking about how things were then and the difference with how things are now, all that people who walked with me for a long or short period and which I lost along the way.
Feelings are just as ethereal as the summer breeze. They come and go, incessantly, ineluctably. I remember holding the hand of a friend, I remember trying to figure her out, trying to dig in all that darkness, trying to light that darkness up. I remember giving it all up then, I remember being tired, sad, disillusioned. I remember misunderstandings, jealousy, rage, and the remoteness that followed.
But again: no worries. I’ve learned after all to let it go, to laugh at my pain, because even if I feel a little more hardened than before, more ironic, more cynical maybe, I truly feel good when I let it go. And even if "sometimes they come back", they’re just a laugh away from balance. I feel I forgave everyone for the pain they’ve caused, But at the same time I don’t really have energy to spare for them.

No comments: